a) Strong field sales management experience (5-plus years)
b) Experience managing a very large customer base where sales reps make both frequent and high quality sales calls
c) Strong business acumen with a good understanding of numbers
d) Candidates must be computer literate
e) Experience in the sporting goods/apparel/fashion/accessory or related industries
f) Maximize the in-house system or bring in something like Salesforce to track, predict and manage the sales process and leverage their competitive advantage
· Develop annual sales plan in support of company strategy and objectives.
· Direct implementation and execution of sales policies and practices.
· Recommend sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses.
· Manage multiple-channel selling strategies.
· Build, develop and manage the sales team carrying out needed sales and service initiatives.
· Develop and manage sales/marketing operating budgets.
· Develop and recommend product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
· Monitor competitors’ products, sales and marketing activities.
· Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
· Establish and maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
· Participate in sales forecasting activities and set performance goals accordingly.
· Direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales programs.
· Direct market channel development activity and coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
· Represent company at trade association meetings to promote product.
· Meet with key clients, assisting sales representatives with maintaining relationships, and negotiate and close deals.
· Coordinate liaison between sales department and other sales-related units.
· Prepare periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
· Review and analyze sales performances against programs, quotas and plans to determine effectivenes